- Good quality drawing paper that can take a fair amount of abuse. Bring the kind of surface that you like best or a mixture of rough and smooth. size you like. 30” X 40” is good or a roll or two. Plan to go through a lot of paper.
- Canvas: old, new, stretched or unstretched .
- Matte and gloss mediums for acrylic painters.
- Wax and oil mediums for oil painters. Oil sticks. Gamsol or Turpanoid
- Soft wax painting medium. Dorlans is the brand name I use
- Charcoal. Compressed 3B through 5B. “Chunk Charcoal”
- Pencils. 2B through 6B. Erasers.
- Brushes of various sizes, Palette knives, rags
- Full palette of colors. Plenty of white and black.
ANY OTHER DRAWING AND PAINTING MEDIUMS OR EQUIPMENT YOU LIKE TO WORK WITH. PLEASE DO NOT LIMIT YOURSELF TO THIS LIST. IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE FINDING CERTAIN ITEMS DO NOT WORRY.